Need something to satisfy your late night french fry craving? Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes may be your new favorite late night treat. I love making sweet potato fries with a chipotle dipping sauce but, late at night I don’t feel like doing all that prep so I came up with something a little simpler. I cut sweet potatoes into wedges instead of a french fry cut and roast them with rosemary and garlic. They ended up having so much flavor so they didn’t even need a dipping sauce. The edges became golden brown and caramelized along with the fresh fresh garlic giving them an incredible flavor that will really satisfy you late at night.
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme (more to garnish)
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– sea salt
– fresh cracked pepper
– earth balance vegan butter or coconut oil for cooking
– Prepare quinoa according to package instructions (I cook 1 heaping cup with a scant 2 cups of water in my rice cooker).
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees, pierce sweet potatoes with fork and bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Remove skins, mash with a fork to remove all chunks and place in large mixing bowl.
– In a sauté pan combine onions, olive oil, a hearty pinch of sea salt and cook over medium-low heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring continually to prevent the garlic from burning. Add thyme at the very end and mix well.
– Add onions, quinoa, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste), a bit of fresh cracked pepper to large mixing bowl with sweet potatoes and stir until well combined.
– Form mixture into golf ball size ball, flatten into a patty, and cook in earth balance vegan butter on a non stick pan for approximately 2 minutes on each side (you want them to brown up and crisp!). Repeat to make as many as you’d like. Enjoy with a generous sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves and some finishing salt! Save any leftovers in the refrigerator to make later.